threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  Any Gas turbo trucks on this site?

Any Gas turbo trucks on this site?

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 2088
replies 10
following 6

big daddy caddy   +1y
Looking for some advice and pictures on a custom turbo install from people who actually did it.

Bring on the Turbo trucks.
huskerdually   +1y
I don't think anyone actually has one done. I want to but I'm so far away from that part of my truck it's not even in the distant future. Another guy talked about doing it, and he seemed like he knew what he was doing, Tatudedually I think.
big daddy caddy   +1y
I have seen a Single turbo in the bed in the magazines.

My truck came with a 5.7 from factory. @ 170,000 miles I swapped the TBI to a TPI low mileage motor. Then bought a 90' 454 SS truck that was wrecked and removed the heart of the beast. It had a T350 with a GVO behind that.

Took the TPI setup out and just installed it into my 64' Impala with the 700r4 trans 2 months ago.
Slapped in the BBC and never looked back. Added a Cam, intake man, and long tubes. The motor is still F.i.

I made a program for the setup here at work. (Superchips Inc.)

Turbo is the next thing I want to do......

Great site.

Ron
huskerdually   +1y
With that motor I wonder if there isn't a kit out there? Banks has twin turbo kits but you'd have to call for application. 800-601-8072

I know there are other companies that could

turbo city: 714 639-4933
big daddy caddy   +1y
I just put the LT headers on and do not want to mount the turbos under the hood.

I am going to do some research the remote turbo type of system.

I have seen banks setups in person, I don't like the under the hood temps and reliability.
Ron
huskerdually   +1y
I'm not sure what I think of those remote turbo systems. The idea seams solid, just don't know if I'm sold.
someotherguy   +1y
These guys have some wicked remote turbos:

Richard
pig rig   +1y
didnt the guy that started dually crew site have turbos on his truck
big daddy caddy   +1y
Rise of the old posts.

Anyone take on or have seen the remote turbo setups on the gas motors.

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Ron
big bear   +1y
id like to see this setup as well.