threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  Holley metering block screws?

Holley metering block screws?

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1592
replies 11
following 5

huskerdually   +1y
Anyone know how to tell someone what the screwdriver is called or got a part # for these type of screws.

thread post photo

I just get confusion when I try calling the parts stores. Sorry for the crappy pic, I need to get an Iphone.
jcampbell1180   +1y
Just use a hammer.
huskerdually   +1y
The customer probably wouldn't be to happy.
someotherguy   +1y
Clutch head is what the design is called. Dunno how to tell the sizes apart; I've hardly ever had to mess with 'em.

Richard
liljlowrider   +1y
i just bought a bit kit off the tool truck that had those in there if that helps you out any
huskerdually   +1y
Ya I got a couple coming now. My bit set didn't have them in it but I don't have the BIG bit set. Helped knowing what they were called, thanks guys.
someotherguy   +1y
When I used to do the 60-66 trucks there were just a handful of clutch head fasteners on them, that's how I learned the name and learned to hate them. The bed sides on a stepside were held on with huge ones, and a couple others were found throughout the truck. Made you wonder why they'd just use a few, why bother at all..

The ones on the Holley are probably to just get you to STOP before you tear it further apart. Why GM wanted to make it hard for me to remove a bed side, I have NFI.

Richard
huskerdually   +1y
But the metering block and bowl gasket are the same, so to replace the bowl gasket you have to remove those screws. I just think everyone has to come up with something to make things difficult. I mean look at posi drive screws, just close enough to a phillips that the unknowing will strip them out, and you have to buy some special screw drivers to remove them properly. Torx, allen, square, phillips, straight, posidrive, clutch head, how many ways to turn a screw do you need?
eldogg   +1y
They are called clutch head. I got mine off from Snap-on. If your in a pinch, you can use a small flat screwdriver and be very very careful.
huskerdually   +1y
Ya I got one from snap-on. Thanks for the help guys.