Dually Engine \  engine rebuild kits

engine rebuild kits

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1675
replies 19
following 5

tuckin22   +1y
what all is involved in one?
where can i get one? i havent been able to find one.
if there isnt a rebuild kit what all do i need to get?
thanks in advance

oh by the way its a 98 454 automatic
huskerdually   +1y
Check out P A W.

How bad is your motor or what are you trying to accomplish?
tuckin22   +1y
ive got to replace some gaskets and stuff that are leakin and it sounds off i was just curious as to what was all involved in a rebuild.
it seems like im always replacein something on this stupid thing.
at what mileage do people normally rebuild or is it just depending?

thanks for the link though
tat-tude dually   +1y
I myself use jegs or summit for rebuild kits....your basic rebuild kit will come with a full gasket set, stock OEM style oil pump, main and rod bearings, piston ring set and pistons if you want to replace your pistons.....and depending on what kind of ware pattern you have on them and what your cly. walls look like i would probably reuse your stock pistons if you are lookin to just freshin your motor up a little. Other wise I would replace the pistons with a good basic Hypereutectic flat top piston...and with that said, I would have your block bored (IF YOU REPLACE THE PISTONS) out to .030 over.......

there are many different roads you can go down when rebuilding your engine. And depending on what kind of money you have to spend you the world is endless lol......and dont know if you have ever rebuilt an engine before but I rebuild engines for people
tuckin22   +1y
HMMM COOL thanks when it comes to engine stuff im stupid. but i can replace anything in it. just dont know causes and effects of all the stuff like if you change this to that or what mind you.
and no i havent rebuild an engine before.
how do you know if you should replace the cylinder walls and pistons?
just from score marks or what?

thanks for the info man
tat-tude dually   +1y
Well you will see scoring on the cly wall(s) in the block and on that piston(s).....and if they are small enough you can hone them out. witch you will need to hone the block anyway if you just replace the rings......other wise when you have the block bored and what not the engine shop will hone it for you.....then you would just check clearances and put it back together.

second how many miles are on your engine? it would be wise have your heads rebuilt aswell with new guides valves and springs.....And the cam is up to you really you can add a nice RV style cam or leave the stock one in it.

If you would like I can offer my services to you and build you motor for you. I have been building engines in cars/race cars/trucks....for over 20 years....and I could do most everything you need done to it minus the boring.......but I have everything else to do the job....if you like you can call me at 720-496-3540
tuckin22   +1y
its only got like 140000 on it but yeah.
and we shall see what happens money wise at least this pos will have to sit for now.
tat-tude dually   +1y
thats not to bad really...i would think it just needs a basic rebuild.....well I would be willing to work with you on a game plan for it.....
tuckin22   +1y
yeah man i mean if you could just let me know what i would need to do or something i would appreciate it.

thanks man
someotherguy   +1y
At 140K your long block should still be happy, this isn't the carburetor days where stuff wore out quicker. As long as a compression test shows you over 100 psi on each cylinder and all the cylinders are within about 10% of each other, oil pressure is good (at least 10psi at idle and 10psi more for every 1,000 RPM), then I say leave the heads and block alone for now and just fix your leaks.

Richard