threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  Vortec injector upgrade!

Vortec injector upgrade!

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 6975
replies 8
following 6

03on22s   +1y
So I finally got to order the injectors that brianbgboy mentioned a while back in one of the other threads. I spent from 6pm to 1am yesterday doing plugs/wires/rotor cap and bug/air filter and the new injectors. Motor has 120k on it. It was a huge pain in the ass, but holly crap did it make a difference. Truck runs so much smoother and accelerates so much better. And the best thing, it starts every time on the first crank now! Definately worth the work and money. So thanks to brianbgboy for the info!

Here's the link to the injectors:

bosch

They are the Ford Motorsports C302's.
Post was last edited on Apr 27, 2009 04:04. This post has been edited 1 times.
huskerdually   +1y
I stickied this.

Here is the original thread where these came up if anyone wants to read up a little.

03on22s   +1y
I filled up my tank after I did this last night, when I run through this tank I'll report my fuel mileage if there is a difference.
someotherguy   +1y
Wasn't me but if it was something that worked out kickass then I'll take credit for it, no prob.

Richard
brianbgboy   +1y
i made the suggestion about the injector upgrade from five-o. i have been running their stuff in my last 2 trucks with no problems. there is definatly a big power gain, and way better throttle response, but the starting up on the first try makes me happy every time. you will notice a mileage increase as well. all you guys running the 7.4 injected beasts should make this switch. you wont be disappointed! later, brian
erock805   +1y
Can you put 7.4 injectors on a 5.7 motor? will it pep em up?
03on22s   +1y
Sorry for the confusion. I filled up Thursday night and I'm still over 7/8ths of a tank. I've even been abusing the throttle some. I went camping this weekend and got stuck in some sand, so that burnt up some fuel. But, I do seem to be getting better than I usually do.
brianbgboy   +1y
no you cant use the 7.4 injector, but five-0 has a performance upgrade for the 5.7 too all the stock injectors have a pintle type spray type, which tend to leak cause excess burnt fuel. the upgrade has 4 holes and sprays a better pattern which atomizes the fuel better and they dont leak down and give you a hard start condition. try them out, you wont be dissapointed! later, brian
busted knuckles   +1y
What's the PPH flow on those? I understand stock L29's are 19 lbs - is this correct? I'm building a 489 stroker for mine, I've done some surgery to the top half of the clamshell to get rid of the biggest restriction where the 4 big runners split into 8 port runners, I think I'll need to look at 35lbs or so to be safe.
Page 1 of 1