Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  Cummins swap

Cummins swap

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1796
replies 5
following 5

severedtiesdually   +1y
Ok... so i havent been on in a long time. Its about time for the next mod on the dually. Im thinking about swaping the 454 out for a cummins. Has anyone done this or know anyone that has? I have a friend that did his but its in a 4x4. Just wondering on how it would be on a 2wd being layed out also.
rnonelower   +1y
sound bad ass someone had posted a you tube video on here of a chevy with a diesel out of a rig but don't remember what kind try searching you tube might help sorry didn't know more
csa dad   +1y
that was a detroit diesel 4bt i think
rnonelower   +1y
chevy cummins conversions at fordcummins.com they are in montana I think check out the web site hope it helps
974door   +1y
I have been doing alot of research on it myself, and I think it is possible. I know the motor is 3' tall from oil pan to intake. Do a search on chevy cummins swap or conversion, and you will get a couple different sites. I have a bunch of pics on my computer I can send you of a guy that I know that did one on his 2wd stock height truck. His is twin turbo also.
gearhead2424   +1y
i been thinking about it myself. I heard that a 12 valve cummins only weighs a couple hundred pound more than a big block.
Page 1 of 1