threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  fuel injected 350 in a square?

fuel injected 350 in a square?

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1648
replies 18
following 9

bdydrppup   +1y
Soooo does anyone have or had a 350 fuelinjected motor in their dually besides chase? i have a 454/400 and thought about putting in a 350 tuneport that i have at the shop instead. any ideas how they pull or fuel milage?
2dadoorz   +1y
I had a 91 with a 350 tbi in it. It was very under powered stock. I did some upgrades to it and It was ok after that. (exhaust, cam, intake, chip, ect) It was about 14 mpg average and 10 towing so not much better than my 454 tbi for mileage which gets about 10 no matter what I throw at it. Duallys are heavy so gas mileage always sucks. The tune port probably will work good. Just might want to check the specs on the cam to see where it builds the most power. High or low rpms. Check out this article I might try something like this but make it the 383 stroker for a 95 I am driving now.
kblr elf   +1y
Better stay with the 454 if ur goin to pull with it just has more power my 454 pulls way better than my worked 355 ever did
bdydrppup   +1y
actually i wish i could build an intake to put that tuned port setup on the 454, that would be bad ass. but i dont have the equipment for that
skidrow   +1y
ya stay with a big block i love mine all the car i have are bigblock cars

im even thinking about puting a bigblock in my pathfinder

you will not be happy with the power of the smallblock in that truck

o ya hi guys im back did ya miss me got the winsheald in my dually.

looking for window felt now

erik
pig rig   +1y
I had a 350 carbed engine in one and it went down the freeway ok but it had struggled up hills and if I was pulling something I was on the sholder with the four ways on
someotherguy   +1y
Here's another vote for the fat block, yeah you can build a small block to push out some power but you could spend that money elsewhere.

Get a wrecked 96-up and swipe the Vortec big block and 4L80E, along with the harness, computer, etc.

Richard
bdydrppup   +1y
actually if i could afford it , it would get a duramax or a ramjet 502
d.fens   +1y

Once in a while you see 7.4L Vortec's on eBay for short money. There was one listed not to long ago for like $2500 OBO, a pull-out complete with a 4L80E, the harness / ECU and all the accessories.
dragnasty   +1y
I did a vortec 350 swap in mine with a computer tune. It would run circles around the stock 454tbi even towing. The best thing i did for it was the NV4500 5spd. It would bark 2nd like nobodys business pulling a fullsize truck on the trailer. If I had it all over to do again, It would be first thing I would do. But then again, im not a huge fan of big blocks and my opinion doesnt amount to a hill of beans.