Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  shorty or mid lenght headers for 454/square

shorty or mid lenght headers for 454/square

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 929
replies 6
following 6

bdydrppup   +1y
ok i was wondering what headers you squarebody guys are running with a 454 and a stockfloor bodydrop. i had the longtubes ofcourse that hang too low. i tried a set of flowtech headers for a chevelle and they didnt work either. they hit the firewall and kinda the floor. any help?
d.fens   +1y
Sanderson is the only header manu I could find still making shorty's for squarebodies.

Patriot and, I think, Doug's Headers make a universal shorty header that might work, but those aren't any cheaper than the Sanderson's.

lizard lips   +1y
You could always cut the long tubes and shorten them up, if you can weld. An exhaust shop will cut and shorten them as well to whatever you want, or at least they will here. The other option would be make your own and then you can get whatever you want out of them.
ben_shady1   +1y
I'm running Patriot PTE-H8012 Headers for a 71 Chevelle. Fit perfect and they are mid length.
kblr elf   +1y
I,VE always had luck using any ones that fit a monte carlo on a square only thing i have had to do is shave a little off drivers side motor mount bucket hope it helps
bdydrppup   +1y
thanks guys, i thought about shortening the long tubes. and inch would be plenty, i may try those patriots also
skidrow   +1y
i have doug thorlys on mine off a 70 shevell 2 1/4 primarys thay work well
Page 1 of 1