Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  Engine Start

Engine Start

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1126
replies 11
following 6

giovanni   +1y
My dually started doing this 3weeks ago. You go to start it clicks about 8 times then starts.. Some times it fires right up and sometimes it clicks.. Im thinking a new starter.
raymondsage   +1y
yep its a bad solenoid.... replace it soon before it burns out. just dont get one from autozone
giovanni   +1y
dose anyone have a starter from autozone or had one with a number to warranty ?
low95xlt   +1y
should be able to take it back and have them look it up in there sytem
jcampbell1180   +1y

What's wrong with Vatozone?

Besides there customer service, of course.

(I'm a Napa man)
someotherguy   +1y
Vatozone = crap quality parts.

Best thing to do is snatch that starter off and take it to a real starter/alternator shop, they'll have better parts, and check the thing over to make sure it doesn't need anything else. If you're asking about the starter on your '99 it should be the mini sized high torque starter, those bitches are really expensive compared to the old big starter. They're really powerful though. Be careful to not lose the bolts because they're shorter than regular starter bolts and so far I haven't been able to find them at any of the auto parts places, no matter what, they have the long ones but not these middle sized ones.

Richard
raymondsage   +1y
Swapped an autozone starter out 4 times in one year before they finally gave me my money back . Got a new one from Full Service that was an oem, paid more but never had anymore problems with it,
giovanni   +1y
Yea I still need a number to do a warranty swap Anyone have one
huskerdually   +1y
What are you looking for.
jcampbell1180   +1y
An accomplice to fraud.