Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  heeeelllppp!!!!!!

heeeelllppp!!!!!!

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 743
replies 4
following 2

tuckin22   +1y
my truck is throwing all these codes and it runs like shit do any of yall know how i could go about fixing this?

p0161 ho2s heater circuit bank 2 sensor 2
p0141 ho2s heater circuit bank 1 sensor 2
p0106 manifold absolute pressure system performance
p0125 engine coolant temp excessive time to closed loop
p0175 fuel trim system rich
p1626 anti theft?
brianbgboy   +1y
dude, i told you before you need to get the cooling system right. there are 2 sensors on the engine. 1 for the ecm and 1 for the guage on the dash. both, however affect the cooling system. all the rest of the codes are related to the truck not being able to get into closed loop on the tempature side. all the sensors on these trucks relate to 1 another. when the ecm reads that it is cold, the map sensor opens and adds more fuel to richen it until it the truck gets to operating temp. if the ecm cant tell when it does get to the operating temp, it will stay in open loop and WILL run like shit. the only other code that does not relate will be the anti-theft, and that could either be a key, or the ignition switch. did you ever have the ecm relearned? you will need a tech 2 computer to do it. probably need to go to a dealer. that may help reteach the ecm all of the parameters again. sometimes that will solve a lot of issues with the truck. when you disconnect the battery, and reconnect it, the ecm doesnt always relearn all the paremeters correctly. sorry for the novel, but these systems are a bit a pain in the arse..... let me know if you need any more help. later, brian
tuckin22   +1y
ok will have to check that again i completely forgot about that cooling thing
ill see if i cant find them sensors
so you think that because them sensors are in correct it throws off the other stuff

thanks again man
brianbgboy   +1y
if all the sensors are not communicating, it will not go into closed loop. until it gets into a closed loop system, it will run like crap. it will cause all kinds of crap to be wrong.. later, brian
tuckin22   +1y
so i just figured out that them sensors where o2 sensors for some reason i kept think that they where coolant sensors so now i understand but i will replace hem sensors and the thermostat and see what happens

thanks
Page 1 of 1