Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  Help!

Help!

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1327
replies 13
following 8

ben_shady1   +1y
Hey guys.. I was under the truck tonight and I looked up and noticed a loose wire hanging by the tranny.. Well I pulled it out and it's the damn wire that runs to my O2 Sensor.. I've been wondering why it's always ran so rich well it looks like the wire had rubbed it's self in half and had fallen down onto the tranny.. Does anyone know where exactly it runs at? It's behind the motor but I'm not sure what harness it comes out of. It's a single purple wire with a plug on it. If anyone has an injected R30 or knows where it comes out at then please please let me know. It'll be much appreciated! I don't have a manual or anything where I can look it up and I'd like to get it fixed before I drive to memphis friday night/saturday morning...

My cell is 479-747-2023 if you'd rather just shoot me a text or call me.

Thanks guys

-Shady
low95xlt   +1y
told the purple wire runs from the o2 right up to the ecm which is above or near the glove box.. it is in a 32 pin harness at the module.. the wire runs behind the motor somewhere near the firewall.... that is all my alldata would tell me and mitchell on demand is not wanting to help me... hope this helps even a lil
pig rig   +1y
ben I'll go out and look at mine and give you a call but didn't you put headers on that or make some exhaust change if so you should run a 4 wire preheated o2 sensor
d.fens   +1y
Fuel injected G30's use a single-wire 02 sensor.

You can get a Bosch universal replacement at the parts store for about twenty bucks and just splice the wire.

Far as I can tell the 02 wire (purple or purple / black stripe) drops out of the big harness that runs across the back of the firewall. The sensor itself is in the driver's side manifold right above the header pipe flange.
orangelowmazdawg   +1y
shady, on my R30, the (purple wire) from the o2 sensor runs across the top of the tranny and goes in the harness behind the distributor. hope you can find it.
ben_shady1   +1y
Ok so I found my O2 wire and where it was broke in the harness behing the motor on top of the tranny.. I fixed it and plugged it back in and I'll be damned if it doesnt start burning so rich it smoked out the shop, it pout 2 big black spots on the floor of the shop it was burning sooo rich.. Anyone have any ideas why it runs even worse with the O2 hooked up than it does when it's disconnected? It's got a 3 wire O2 sensor out of a 4.3v6 S10. That's what the guy at TBI chips said to do since it's got headers on it and I have to move it farther back in the stream. So I had to put a heated one in so it would read right. So help a brotha out guys.. Pleeeeaaaaseeeeee...
watahyahknow   +1y
wat might work is resetting the ecu by disconecting the battery for half an hour , or have it diagnosed all the faults gets stored in the memorie of the ecu and can be extracted bij plugging it in a reader .
the reader can reset it too .
i wish i knew the resistance one of these lambda's should have then you could measure if it shorting out or just plain broke
you should've soldered it by the way not use one of those crimp on thingies
check around the connection you made and look if theres any way it can ground against the chassis or another wire
low95xlt   +1y
whats the chances it is tryign to clean out all the build up and deposits that have built up???? oh wait nevermind u said it runnin worse that is odd
pig rig   +1y
that is what I was thinking unhook the ground on the battery (30sec) and then run it so it can clean out all the carbon that has built up mine runs a little rich with that same o2 in it. I'm thinking about munipulating the ecu by turning down my fuel pressure and hope I dont lean it out
jcampbell1180   +1y
Effing computers...