threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  Fan shroud rebuild after bodydrop....

Fan shroud rebuild after bodydrop....

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 891
replies 9
following 5

974door   +1y
Does anyone have any pics of how they rebuilt their fan shroud? I think I am gonna ditch the electric fans and go back with a mechanical one.
liljlowrider   +1y
i would like to see this too
krewzlo   +1y
I tried that on mine but it would hit the hood, and that was with a smaller diameter flex fan. Stock one would not fit by a long shot, but with your front end it may. With the flex fan it just hit the insulation on the hood so I tried running it and would not cool while cruizin on a 75 deg. day. So I had to go back to electrics. It was fine on the highway but sitting in traffic, no good at all.
burntup   +1y
I put the flex-lite monster fans on mine, they worked great.
974door   +1y
I got the dual 12 inch flexalite 210 on there now, they cool it, but I don't think they are big enough. It's a diesel.
burntup   +1y
do you have any pictures of under the hood?
burntup   +1y
these are the fans

974door   +1y
I know they're about 550 in summit racing. There is a sheet metal shop where I work. I was think about fabing up a new one. WOn't take much to do it, just not sure exactly how it will look in the end result.
liljlowrider   +1y
steve what did you give for those?
toner283   +1y

Try water wetter. The stuff works great, drops the coolant temp by about 20º under what you are at now. A couple of bottles in a fullsize truck work well. Ask anyone who has used it & they will most likely tell you the same.
Page 1 of 1