Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  how to a get a tach signal for my remote start system

how to a get a tach signal for my remote start system

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 895
replies 9
following 6

abescustoms   +1y
i did my remote start on my 84 deisel 6.2 somtimes it starts fine using voltage and fixed crank but i rather start it using a tack signal that way i get a accurate start and dont get false signals to my pager . how can a get a tach signal people told me from alt any ideas
raymondsage   +1y
does it have a tachometer? What kind of truck is it?
low95xlt   +1y
what bout off the tach in the cluster?
krewzlo   +1y
check out bulldog security's website, you will have to search for it, or .

You should be able to find it on there
low95xlt   +1y
forgot bout that site....
abescustoms   +1y
i tried that already but they only show for gas and diesel after 85 with ecu mines is a 84 has no ecu and its a diesel 6.2 i have the wire schamatics for every vehicle since i do a lot of wiring for car alarms and complete rewire on classics and new rides buit this is my first deisel with out an ecu or tach im good at gas engines
ec_dually   +1y
hmm souind like a pickle to me
abescustoms   +1y
yea sounds like it but i love my square body
watahyahknow   +1y
cant you put some hall sensor or sumtin near the torsiondamper stick a little piece of magnet or plain iron on it and pull the signal of that ?
abescustoms   +1y
well im on my way to the bay area of cali i have a boy that told over the phone that on the europene engine the tach comes of the wire on the alt. so im driving up there and he is gonna show me how to install a tach signal out of the alt. will see how it works
Page 1 of 1