Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  having trouble starting after it sits

having trouble starting after it sits

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 817
replies 6
following 3

abescustoms   +1y
well this trouble is getting worse every day at first i thought it was the glow plug but noticed a lot of diesel on the side rail. so i checked all data and its considered cold start hard start the seal on the bleeder ar shot aqnd sucks air but the part numbers on there is not a good number at dealer, so i checked on dealers computer for those seals and they dont even show them i took them the whole assembly but still a no no, i went to a shit load of shops here where they repair diesel motors but told me the part that is stock on my motor they dont even come close. so now im stuck cranckin the shit out of my starter and broke a bolt off. was able to unscrew it off using the old bolt with a little pressure on it but now its sound weird like the teath dont line up , so tommorrow im going to buy ntwo new bolts and go from there but what the hell can i do to get a fastre start elecric fuel pump? new filter assembly which its discontinued, ????
jeffrodamis   +1y
dude what part are you needing.
abescustoms   +1y
PRETTY SURE THOSE DAMN O RING TYPE SEAL THAT GOES ON THE BLEEDER ON A SQUARE BODY AT THE FIREWALL ITS NOT AN O RING BUT SIMILAR 1/8 THICK BY LIKE A 1/4 WIDE
abescustoms   +1y
BUT SHOULD I ADD AN ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP TO PUMP UP THE DIESEL QUICKER
jeffrodamis   +1y
try a reputable shop...i know youve taken it to a few shops but we have simular situations farely often here adn it really isnt an issue...the factory stuff should work fine. diesels dont like leaks very much lol
watahyahknow   +1y
if a automotive diesel shop doesnt have it try a marine diesel shop , it allso might be that someone jerryrigged it that way to stop it leaking in the first place
abescustoms   +1y
okay im back after been out of town

well what i did is pushe a multyple o ring to seal the cock drain then sqeesed the plug back in still having the problem still leaking i changed the filter lement and still leaking so im thinking mayhave a crack or leak around the heat coil that warms up the diesel.. now the problem got worse it even harded to start. so i removed the glow plugs and one was dry and a lot or carburn burn the other are wet or diesel ( bad glow plugs ? ) ohh and i found at the wrecking yard a ford diesel with a oil filter style diesel filter so im thinking of adapting that kit onto my truck the heat coil in on the hardline will that work out for me better than the stock
Page 1 of 1