Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  damn tranny again

damn tranny again

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 946
replies 5
following 4

abescustoms   +1y
i have a 1985 crew cab dually thats was a 4x4 i blew the torque converter weld off shit dont know how. so since i had the tranny off i decided to go 2wd i put a recently rebuilt tranny off my reg cab truck turbo 400 withh less than 30k on it added a 1200 stall converter the damn truck ran nice and nice take off pull sinse 6.2 deisels are slow, now not even 2k mile later tranny went out with no sign of slippin..now im stuck i want to put a 700r4 for the od but i know i had problems with them in the past trucks i had so i hate them but when im on the hway doing 75+ i wish i had the 700r4 instead of 400r plus even if i decide to go with a 700r4 how the hell do i hook up the linkage theres no place to install or do they even have a kit ( or did they even had a 6.2 deisel with 700r4 factory ) somebody help before i decide to put a 400 back in
richard hopkins   +1y
why dont you bite the bullet and put a 4L80e in it. its a lil more expensive but with the computer control setup youll have the power of the 400 but with an overdrive setup. i have one for mine out of a 98 now, im getting the parts together to put it in. mine was mated behind a 6.5 turbo deisel,with a cab and chassis... also they offer the computer harness that you can adjust your shift points and other options. its a lil cheaper than a gear vendor setup.
abescustoms   +1y
sorry i just got back from out of town i decided to go back with the th400 i had found out that it was going to be a head ache with the 700r4 something i didnt want to deal with and as for the 4l80e i was thinking about it but i need to add computerized system into it so i just decided to go back with the th400 thanks tho...
watahyahknow   +1y
the 400 is a good strong box but if youre looking for more mpg the 4L80E should work with factory computer just make sure you get all the stuff of the donor or get a 1200 dollar compushift computer for the tranny
rhmdually   +1y
the TCI computers are around 850 and its fully programable
abescustoms   +1y
yea but i was down to nothing and stuck out of town so needed something fast thanks for the reply tho
Page 1 of 1