Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  exhaust

exhaust

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1796
replies 16
following 12

barely legal welding   +1y
What mufflers are you guys using on the chevy big blocks? Any one running x or H pipes? let me know. Looking for some imput on what you guys have had good luck with.

Richie
ec_dually   +1y
i have 3 inch TRUE DUALS with 2 40 series flowmasters with turn down infront of the axle on a 454 still have factory cats in also.. but i need to remove t hem .. lmao ... hehehehehehe
rhmdually   +1y
i got hedman headers and 2.5 inch duals with no crossovers and flowmaster 40 series and 4inch tips that exit in the fender wells in front of the rear wheels
lophat   +1y
I did 2-2.5 Magnaflows straight throughs, off Headman headers...mufflers polished, no cats, no crossover...turndown in front of the axle...buddy is going to get some tickets.

We wanted to dump them out in front of the rear tires, but the 4 link may hit it with it really aired up, so we just used the turndowns.

It almost sounds like it did when there were no mufflers at all on it...we really need to quiet it down a bit.
liljlowrider   +1y

me too
ec_dually   +1y
yeah just have to find a shop that will cut them out for me and weld in some straight pipe, then she will come to life with her sound, still sounds mean the way it is now, with the deep rumble.. and resonantion inside the cab everything wants to vibrate now. lol
got6wls   +1y
The "LOUDER" the better, if they can here it before they see it, then they see it..... oh SH!# I got Dual 3" with 40 series Flows and 3" turndowns infront of the axle facing out at a 45' to the outside, it's just plain loud!
[/IMG]
jeffrodamis   +1y
EDELBROCK HEADERS 2 1/2 DUALS INTO DUALCHAMBER DUAL OUTLET 49 SERIES DUMPED AT BACK OF CAB NO CATS ....IT SOUND AIGHT FOR A SMALL BLOCK
giovanni   +1y
i got cats no mufflers and its loud.. Im still in porgress thow
barely legal welding   +1y
thanks guys, i was going to do the same flowmasters and turn downs too. THats what i have on my fully chevy with a 350 and its loud(no cats).
No ones runing a crossover pipe? any reason or just didt want it. I was going to run a H pipe just to balance it all out.

LOPHAT
how do you like the Magnaflows?

Richie