Page 1 of 3
Dually Engine \  Duramax in a Square Body

Duramax in a Square Body

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 12786
replies 25
following 16

sqbody   +1y
I am at the point that I am ready to put a new motor and trany in my square body and i am looking at doing a 6.6 Duramax. Does any one know if that motor will fit in a square body. I am worried about the hight.

I am also kicking around the idea of a 6.0 with a 4L80E or a new 6.2 with a 6L80E. Have not made up my mine yet.
jcampbell1180   +1y
Not sure about the D'Max, but I know the Cummins will fit. Check the dimesions of both. If the D'Max is similar to the Cummins, you should be good to go...just tell your checkbook to open wide.
low95xlt   +1y
do it do it... if height is issue jsut put a cowl on it
huskerdually   +1y
No offense, but I think there are some better diesel engines out there in some of the small delivery style trucks and stuff. They would probably be cheaper also. I'd see if you could find a mechanic from a diesel shop and ask him.
okcderek   +1y
Your main problem will be trans tunnel needing to be raised. There was a issue of Streettrucks or Sporttruck where they put a Duramax in a 88-98 SWB standard cab
okcderek   +1y
I would like to eventually do the same swap to my dually some day. I love all the power they get out of the newer diesel motors these days, but I dont care for the newer trucks themselves.(too bulky to me)
low95xlt   +1y
i just want a dually LOL
krewzlo   +1y
good luck on the dmax conversion, be ready to spend some cash, I looked to put one in my yukon and used stuff was about 15 g's
diabolic kustoms   +1y
theres a company in soacal that does these conversions. Problem with the d-max is the wiring and lots of it. You would be better off going with the cummings. You could use a th-400 with a gear-vendors and have a bullet proof drivetrain. Well this is at least what I'm collecting parts for.
1low1ton   +1y
go cummins duramax is way too expensive