Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  my whored out 350

my whored out 350

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 723
replies 1
following 2

b dime   +1y
so I'm pulling my motor out. it runs fine except for a few leaks. My plan was to go to city motors, do an exchange for a new motor for about 700 bones. Would it be easier to replace all the gaskests on the motor I have now, clean it up and use it? what problems will I run into. BTW i am new to whole getting dirty thing, I am mainly a wax and polish guy.
bowtiecowboy   +1y
B DIME-

If you are going to have the motor out already i would just put new gaskets in it and drop it back in. You can do it in one day all by yourself or even faster if you have some help.
These old engines are really simple to yank out and pit back in. I put a new engine in my 1971 Chevy all by myself and it took me about 7 hours total with transferring the alternator, fuel pump,carb,manifold and all that stuff.

Be very careful about getting a "new" motor...if have seen alot of guys do the job twice. My ex-brother-in-law bought a "rebuilt" motor from the local Auto Z*ne and we put it in and had to take it right back out cause it wouldn't start. I decided to tear into it a little to investigate before we took it back and found it had not even been rebuilt...looked like about 80,000 miles of wear and tear to me.

If you do decide to re-gasket, let us know and we will help you through it.Good luck.
Page 1 of 1