Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  Vac. booster vs. HydroBooster

Vac. booster vs. HydroBooster

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 909
replies 6
following 6

oldskewlkool   +1y
on my 86' it came stock with Hydroboost, and im puttin an engine that was ran with vac. but i kno that dosent matter b/c you can put a cap over the vac. port, heres my deal i dont want to go through all the trouble makein b/s powersterein lines plus if you pump desides to take a shit on you it can hurt a lil, gas engines always pull vac. plus vac. boosters are the way to go in my eyes but i dont kno if it'll bolt up to my firewall correctly, any got any answers??? what would you rather have vac. or hydro??!!
maz89   +1y
if it doesn't bolt up then drill new mounting holes and fill the old ones. or you can cut a patch panel from the donor truck you get the booster from and weld it into your firewall...
pig rig   +1y
a hydro boost will bolt up in the place of a vac can but a hydro boost is far better for brakes it putts lots more pressure to the brakes then a vacum brake system
oldskewlkool   +1y

so it is worth the trouble?
diabolic kustoms   +1y
no..hydra boost is the way to go.
skidrow   +1y
hydroboost is the way to go expeshely in my case ware i have low vacume cus of the 502
dragnasty   +1y
I wouldnt even think about pulling the hydraboost off. The rarely tear up, give you better braking, and they are more compact if your trying to tuck large wheels.
Page 1 of 1