Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  Crew Cab CAT Back ?

Crew Cab CAT Back ?

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 907
replies 5
following 4

#8trx450r   +1y
I am having a hell of time finding a CAT Back system for my 99 Chevy 4x4 with 7.4 the only one I seem to be able to find is a "New" Flowmaster which claims to be loud and only has one 3 inch outlet which is smaller than stock!! My 98 z71 has a Magnaflow system that has dual outlets with nice tips and is very mellow sounding, I'd like to have soemthing like that but I ain't seeing crap anywhere other than Flowmaster and Gibson and the Gibson seems pretty pricey to me.

Any help would be super
pig rig   +1y
I got 75bucks for my cats and never looked back
rhmdually   +1y
I would think that its probably cheaper to buy what ever muffler you want and take it to and exhuast shop and have them bend the pipes.
#8trx450r   +1y

I am thinking so too, The Flowmaster kit is $250 plus shipping and it only has the Muffler and two short pieces of pipe that equal one 3 inch side exit and i think I can buy a Magna Flow muffler and pay a shop to bend up "Duals" for close to the same money.

I think I may crawl under it tomorrow and the the other trucks and see what the differences are as to why we can't use a regular Long Bed system or what extra piece would be needed to be able to.
jcampbell1180   +1y

Yup.

I never got why people spent $250+ on a cat back.

Let me guess...mandrel bends?

Unless your building a pro stocker and need that extra tenth, you'll never know the difference.

However, I might be biased since one of my best friends runs an exhaust shop. I don't think I've ever paid for an exhaust system.
#8trx450r   +1y

LOL, you're a funny dude !!! Right on brutha................
Page 1 of 1