Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  7.3 in a 99

7.3 in a 99

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1431
replies 10
following 7

low95xlt   +1y
ok waht are some concerns with a 7.3 beisdes its not a dodge 24 vlave motor LOL.... any big problems with them? contemplating a 7.3 99 with 88xxx on the clock at a stealership or locks v-10 with semis on lowered
jasonz   +1y
Where is the Powerstroke badge? Door or fender? It was a split year for the motor... 99.5 Powerstrokes have the door badge and are the best of the strokes... 99-01 were forged rod motors, excellent motors. The pre 99.5 Powerstrokes had a different turbo, piping, and plenums. Still EXCELLENT motors, but a little down on power from the 99.5 motors. I would not be scared of either, as they're all some of the best motors on the road still today. CPS's and under valvecover wiring harness problems are about the only 2 "problems" these motors routinely see... both easy quick fixes when they do occur. These are easily 250k mile motors when maintained well.
low95xlt   +1y
damn the badge is on the fender near the headlight
liljlowrider   +1y
got a 7.3 in the daily and its a bad motor.. and im getting like 18 mpg in the city..
low95xlt   +1y
bad as in good or bad as in bad bad
liljlowrider   +1y
bad as in good
lockone   +1y
JasonZ hit the motors pretty much on the head.

Scott has one of the older 7.3s in his 97 F350 and it has almost 400k on it and has had the harness replaced along with a glowplug and that is all besides basic maintenence.
dropnit   +1y
hell yeah 7.3 is a good motor.6.0 on the other hand not so much!
low95xlt   +1y
yea that is what i am seeing plus the 7.3 dont shoot fire out the pipes
2000f350   +1y
yeah they are good motors i am on my second one i had a f250 lifted with 40s and it was good and had power now i have a f350 with one and i am getting around 16 to 18 out of it so i think they are good motors