threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  Fuel Filler Hose Question..

Fuel Filler Hose Question..

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1379
replies 6
following 4

chris03hd   +1y
Looking at the picture below, would it be alright to use a very heavy duty rubber exhaust hose (BLUE), 2 1/4" od, rather then regular spec fuel filler hose? There will be NO fuel actually touching the hose, it will just be making the connection from the filler neck (BLACK), to the metal (RED) 2 1/4" to 1 3/4" piping.. The last connection to the tank (BLUE) I actually have the correct spec fuel hose for.

On a side note, all the NASCAR teams I see have a very large CLEAR fuel filler hose from the neck to the tank.... how is that hose regular spec fuel hose?

TIA

1low1ton   +1y
i would think as long as the fuel or vapors do not soften or weaken the hose it should be ok.
i do not know the specs on it but parker makes a hose that you can run gasoline or petroleum products through it is very heavy duty can get it where they make or sell hydraulic lines that is what i use on my stuff and it seems to work fine
chris03hd   +1y
How about radiator hose? Ive seen 2 1/4" all the way to 3", and one description said, "use also for fuel delivery systems." Just wanted to see if thats true or not.
diabolic kustoms   +1y
make sure it says ok for fuel use. after time it will soften up and start to leak around the hose clamps. you can get the clear stuff at any good race shop. The clear stuff is a plastic based material so it will hold up better then the rubber based hose. Now I have used normal rad hose without problem but it is not advised. With your use i would have a steel piece made up.
chris03hd   +1y
Thanks, Speedway had EXACTLY the hose I needed.
margaret   +1y
need a fuel filler hose and fuel filler neck thanks diabolic kustoms for the site. i'll just check it today and find speedwaymotors have those.
Page 1 of 1