threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  what the hell is this part called...?

what the hell is this part called...?

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1086
replies 7
following 4

okcderek   +1y
What is the name for this part..? Mine has the fitting in the middle of the top broke off and I tried to glue it back but it doesnt hold. What the hell does it do? Can I delete it? We dont have any emissions tests here if that is what its for . Will it effect my truck if I remove it? I have to move it anyways cause it is in the way of where my engine driven compressor sits.

....had to use your pic Lilj ....I didnt have a pic of what I was talking about on hand.
low95xlt   +1y
charcoal canister?
brianbgboy   +1y
charcoal canister is correct. i think the correct name for it is evaporation canister though. later, bgboy
okcderek   +1y
Do I need it? Will it throw a check engine light w/o it...?
oldskewlkool   +1y
no you don thave to have it im deleting mine of my 5.7 out of a denali
brianbgboy   +1y
you will need to put some type of filter on it. if you dont have a small amount of pressure for the fuel tank to read, you WILL get a check engine light. if you leave your gas cap off, same scenario. it reads the pressure in the tank. on mine, it caused it to run real rich, smelled fuel bad. i relocated it in the rear, close to the fuel tank. latr, bgboy
okcderek   +1y
^^^^so would one of those Breather K&N filters work you think?
brianbgboy   +1y
it will take care of the pressure issue, but you will smell gas fumes. the charcoal in the canister is what filters the smell out of it. just relocate it, much better in the long run, and easy to do. latr, bgboy
Page 1 of 1