Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  After Market Ignition

After Market Ignition

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1682
replies 12
following 6

souf star   +1y
whats up gearheads I've been lookin around for some time now tryin to find out if anyone has put an aftermarket Ignition on a 96-00 BBC vortec and with no luck it seems that no one has done it or at least wont tell...... I've tried a few ways none have worked all the way.
1st I tried to connect it to the coils plug like a points distributor worked for a few mins but the tach doesnt work and once I cut it off it would not start again (blown fuse)
2nd tried to connect it off the distributor mag pickup it acts like it wants to start but doesnt.
3rd off the EMU\ECM ign signal wire nothing at all

any help with this would be most helpfull
thanks,Mr. Never pass a gas pump
souf star   +1y
I guess no one bothers with the engine bay...
huskerdually   +1y
What kind of ignition?

What are you trying to gain?

I put an accell cap, rotor, ignition module and coil on mine. But my 74 don't translate much into yours.

I would think there would be stuff made specifically for your motor.
illegal regalã¢â€žâ¢   +1y
I put a MSD 6al on my 96 votech350 Tahoe.. there's a plug/harness you buy seperately from MSD that is made for the vortech setup. Use that and ya should be golden
98crewcab   +1y

ALL TRUE.. i have the MSD setup for my 98 7.4BB,Coil Included...
its painless if you buy the connector/adapter..plug and play
make sure you paste them CARB stickers on the radiator suppot for smogging reasons.

Page 14 without the connector,
page15 with the msd connector..no splicing

jcampbell1180   +1y

That only in Cali, Holmes.

C.A.R.B. = California Air Resources Board.

We're the only poor saps that get stuck with that ish. In Arkansas, He could run a nitrous'd big block that spits raw fuel out the tailpipe and no one would care.

I hate California.
huskerdually   +1y
No you stupid liberal uneducated idiots are a "blueprint" for the rest of the nation. 99% of the crap they come up with has no real impact on pollution, it just looks good to the afore mentioned lui.
98crewcab   +1y

So true....but his truck wont start or run.
souf star   +1y
I trying to run the accel 300+ but I dont have the plug n play harness so what I'm looking for is the wiring schematic of the igniton system MSD or accel I just need to know what the system needs
I have the diagram for the truck.
thanks for your help!!
pig rig   +1y
yea cali has some great automotive ownership freindly laws

I just heard that starting next year all refer trucks coming into the state can't be older then 2years and all registered vehicels have to show prof of insurance whether drivable or not