threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  Anybody know anything about dodge 3.0?

Anybody know anything about dodge 3.0?

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 929
replies 3
following 3

huskerdually   +1y
My wife drives a 2000 dodge caravan with the 3.0 in it. I got a couple of problems.

1. It keeps throwing the serpentine belt. It seems to jump over like 2 grooves on the pulleys which then cuts the edge off making a lot of noise and work for me. It happened for the 5th time yesterday. I replace the idler and tensioner pulley already. Does anyone now if this is a common problem and what the fix is. Everything seems to be running true.

2. It has a horrible ticking sound. It sounds like a lifter but since it has overhead cams I assume it is not. I was thinking about swapping heads on it. Is there any kinda high performance like that they might have used on the neons srt or something.

If anyone knows thanks.
brianbgboy   +1y
yes, it will be in need of a head swap. where the valve goes through the head, the bronze valve guides are either worn out, or 1 has fallen out. pretty common on the 3.0. as far as the pulleys, usually 1 of them wears either the edge off, or gets out of round(if it has plastic ones) at idle, it seems fine, when you get going and the rpms come up, it will vibrate the tensioner spring and let it start to walk off the pulleys. also common. hope this helps, bgboy
huskerdually   +1y
Any heads I can throw on the will give a little more umph. Maybe I should just get rid of it.
pig rig   +1y
just run it off a cliff and be done with it
Page 1 of 1