Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  forced induction systems

forced induction systems

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1929
replies 10
following 6

low95xlt   +1y
whats your guys opinion of say whipples supercahargers and such yea/ naw??? i have been contemplating for some time
liljlowrider   +1y
bad ass!!!!!
jcampbell1180   +1y
On what?

A half ton? Hell yes.

A dually? Not so much.
physh1   +1y
I've had a whipple on my 454 since 01 and it's probably the best thing I've done. Mileage is ok if you have a reasonable foot. Power is great...never struggle anywhere...even with a loaded trailer.

The best part of all is the deep whistle...

Cameron
pig rig   +1y
hey physh where you been

superchargers ARE COOL but their are ways to get power out of your engine with less money
if your rebuilding your engine you already have to buy the parts so spend just a little more and up grade. the hard part with that though is not getting carried away so your computer dosn't have a clue to what is going on. (I'm doing that right now)

if your not tearing into your engine force some air/fuel in to it its all about how deep your pockets are
okcderek   +1y
Hey Physh, how much did that Whipple cost you ....? Just out of curiosity....
low95xlt   +1y
yea looking at a 97 chevy dually with a 192xxx miles supposedly a newer motor, but the guy sellin it not sure since he bought it like this.... lowered on some teens, and it has a whipple
low95xlt   +1y
pig problem with my new motor it is already complete jsut a bone stock drop in zero miles motor
physh1   +1y
At the time I got the kit it was 4295 I believe...Whipple installed it...

Power is great...sound is even better IMHO. I'm still looking to do a port and polish on the heads as well as a cam...cams will really wake the vortec 454 up...even a better smog legal cam.

Cameron
pig rig   +1y
physh I went with the isky cam itwas the biggest I could go with that the computer would still work its 262 duration with 488 lift and it woke that thing right up

I need to fix my o2 sensor and my tbi needs some work on it then it will be a pulling tire frier