Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  I need an intake

I need an intake

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1294
replies 8
following 3

gtmotorsports   +1y
i need an intake off of a 97' style vortech big block 7.4 liter engine...I want to swap an engine over to this style injection system.Please let me know thanks
pig rig   +1y
are the bolts in the same spot unlike the small block
gtmotorsports   +1y
As far as i know.I had a friend that had done this swap on to a 90'454SS truck.He had used older heads and engine block.Street and performance has the aftermarket harness that I needto ake the swap over to the fuel injection and 4l80-e transmisson.I have a howle computer piggy backed into the factory computer using a holley projection 4-barrell throttle body set up.It just dont seem to work right so i want to convert over to the mutliport injection.My friend that did the 454SS swap has a tuning shop for f-body camaro's and firebirds as well as the ls-series engines in trucks and cars.He says that he can reflash the obd II computers easier than the tbi computers.
pig rig   +1y
I wonder how hard it would be to up grade mine from OBD1 to OBD2
gtmotorsports   +1y
my firend dave says you have to have the harness and intake.Of course you have to have an upgraded fuel system but since you have fuel injection all you have to do is replace the pump.It seems pretty cut and dried.The name of his shop is daves total performance,and he can be reached at either 513-831-6000,or his website at davestotalperformance.com.Hope this helps.I'm going to swich mine over as soon as i can come up with an intake.hope this helps...and yeah i know it is a shameless plug for a friend..hahaha
low95xlt   +1y
hmm give me a lil time i might have one when i swap my old 98 454 motor in for my new one 100xxx plus miles for a 0 miles motor...
gtmotorsports   +1y
so you have a complete engine with an intake?wanna sell the whole engine.I could use the whole thing.
low95xlt   +1y
i would be interested in sell the whole motor complete yea.... like said give me a lil time but yea i could work with ya on a deal like that
pig rig   +1y
I'lll have to give dave a call
Page 1 of 1