threads
Page 1 of 3
Dually Engine \  Help!! Fouled spark plugs.

Help!! Fouled spark plugs.

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 2842
replies 21
following 8

huskerdually   +1y
We got this old shop jeep, it is a real pile, it's on it's last leg but the boss won't replace it. We just use it for moving boats around and pushing snow. So the engine is always oil fouling the spark plugs, I pull them out and clean them about every ten hours(it don't go far enough to measure in miles). Some cylinders are not bad and others are terrible. It has the antifouler things on the bad ones, I went to a hotter plug and tried leaning it out a little(hopefully hotter combustion would burn the oil off?). I was wondering if anyone had any tricks or ideas. I thought about a stronger coil to make a stronger spark but my understanding is that it is that the oil acts as a conducter and the spark takes the path of least resistance so you would only have a hot spark going to the wrong place.

any help would be great.

thread post photo

It's in front of the trailer, and the outside is the best part.
1fastlx   +1y
sounds like you need a couple of cans of "Restore" engine treatment
liljlowrider   +1y
when the boss is gone just pour a five gallon can of desiel on it and light it with a light and watch that baby burn..
pig rig   +1y
thin the oil out with some gas in the crank case that way when it leaks in to the cylinders it will burn easier
jcampbell1180   +1y

Diesel doesn't burn like that.
huskerdually   +1y
These are some real helpful suggestions. If I was going to go that route it will just happen to pop into reverse sometime when I'm putting a boat in the water. There are enough holes in it it will sink fast.
huskerdually   +1y

Don't do this one!!! The jeep just exploded and the boss is really pissed. I told him pig told me to do it but that didn't seem to help.
lockone   +1y
^^^:lol: Give your boss his # and let them work it out.
jcampbell1180   +1y
It's 360-421-090_

lockone   +1y