Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  coolant leak

coolant leak

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 2464
replies 14
following 6

okcderek   +1y
Anyone had a problem with coolant leak that appears to be at bottom of intake manifold? I have a little puddle in the driveway if it sit for awhile. The temp is fine it doesnt overheat but I have been keeping an eye on the coolant level since I noticed the leak. Any one had this problem before and if so what did it cost to fix?
98crewcab   +1y
Very common problem with these trucks.
7.4 litter intake gasket leaking.
or its the front heater connector into the manifold, dont touch it or it will fall off
lockone   +1y
What motor you got? Most of the heater hose fittings that go into the top of the intake get brittle and start to leak.
okcderek   +1y
so is it a fitting or a hose you are talking about? And it is the 454 motor in my truck.
liljlowrider   +1y
its usually the fitting that gets old and leaks
okcderek   +1y
So it sounds like a fairly inexpensive repair I hope....if that is what my problem is.
oldskewlkool   +1y
actually follow the heater hoses fom the core to the intake and take the fitting out of the intake and go to O'REILLY (get with LIL J to get the account number to use) it is a $7 part that will fix the prob. if you break it getting it out no worries KD Tools makes a tool to get the boken part out of the intake , its a one stop shop get the tool get the part (LIL J has my employee account number thats why i said hit him up b/c i forgot it)
balcar   +1y
my 98 vortec has had both leak on it.. The intake mainfold at 80K miles and the heater hose fitting that cracked in the mainfold about 3-4K miles later. The heater one is ALLOT easier to do.
oldskewlkool   +1y
use this number 488876, tell him hes your brother
liljlowrider   +1y

dude i was gunna help with that