Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  engine swap

engine swap

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 3766
replies 15
following 8

johnboyon20s   +1y
i have come across a (4x4) 2001 6.0 L engine with 4l80 tranny/transfercase and complete wireharness , i was just wondering if any of u old farts had any advice on swaping it to my 94 crew cab dually, i was thinking i could just get a company to make me a harness for the motor to adapt to my truck and gauges and maybe the 4l80 out of the 94 might would bolt up to the motor. but on the other hand is it possible to take the transfer case off the new tranny and make it 2wd? maybe find some newer gauges and colum, if anybody got info on a swap or any advice let me know,
low95xlt   +1y
y not jsut go find a good deal on a trans mission and sell the transfer case and get a new harness?
johnboyon20s   +1y
well since yall dont know nuttin around here i guess i just do the swap and tell yall the dos and donts!
liljlowrider   +1y
the only thing that i know is that your way to old to wet the bed!
jcampbell1180   +1y

1490-some odd posts and He STILL can't type a coherent sentence.
bdydrped   +1y
CHeck with painless wireing.. if they dont have a harness im sure they could build ya one... might be pretty pricey though, they are pretty proud
liljlowrider   +1y

thats some funny shit right there, i dont care who you are, thats funny
dragnasty   +1y
My dually has a 97 Vortec 5.7 swap with a 4l80E (currently swapping in a 5spd). Painless Wiring is definately the way to go! I loved the swap and want to do the same in my 1/2 ton. Super easy!
aa taco chris   +1y

holy crap!!! I knew you said you missed the 5spd from your step-side... but damn I didnt think you'd go ahead and put one in the dually!!! sick chase
low95xlt   +1y
i have a spelling and english dysfunction i can't type or read or anything gosh leave a brotha alone