Dually Engine \  wire every where

wire every where

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1196
replies 7
following 4

pig rig   +1y
Iv'e got this 88 chev crew that I'm working on
if I take all wire that go to the ECM and from it and rip them out and just leve wires that go to the alt. and the dist. when I reinstal the engine I should be able to start it right or am I going to have to rewire it
bdydrped   +1y
as long as you dont tear up and connectors you should be fine... if im understading that you are just taking a motor out and putting oine back in..... or are you doing a swap from one kinda motor to another?
onefasthoagie   +1y
i did a motor swap in my car before, tunedport motor, wires unplugged everyware, i didn't even pay attention to where they all went, according to my father it "all falls back into place" and it did! when i saw it with the motor out and wires lineing both fenders i thought "christ this thing will never run again" but it did lol.
pig rig   +1y
yea I'M keeping a small block in it but I'm doing away with all the computer controled crap

I'm going mecanical
F the ECM
F the TBI
F all the sensors
F all shit
simple and easy to work on
pig rig   +1y
well I hope it works I think that there was hundred pounds of wire under the dash
my scrap pile has out grown my keep pile, is that a good thing
the cab will come off tomarrow
then we start cutting
jcampbell1180   +1y
Dang. Must be nice not to have to worry about smog laws.

Stupid California Tree-Hugger laws.
pig rig   +1y

well that smog hole that you live in is setting the standards for the rest of us
bdydrped   +1y
my theory is: if i can put it back together with less peices than the factory engineers then i did a better job than their overpriced dumbasses

but yea i didnt understand your first post, coulldnt tell if you were doin g a swap or what...
Page 1 of 1