Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  rebuild 454

rebuild 454

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1699
replies 9
following 5

low95xlt   +1y
thinking of rebuilding the top end on the 454, what can i do to make a little more Hp any recommendations on parts?
dragnasty   +1y
huge cam!!!!
lockone   +1y
Blower...
dragnasty   +1y
big cam and blower!
low95xlt   +1y
and no gasmileage and towin?
dragnasty   +1y
it will still tow....just really really fast
layindoor   +1y
Hey, my uncle's old dually had a 468 in it with a B&M blower on it, it was an 86 crew cab, lowered a bit and he towed a 48 ft. gooseneck with his Corvette in it (also blown, 6.60 car in the 1/4 mile) about 25,000 miles a year. that fucker had more power than any dually I've ever been in, it was crazy, you could roll along at like 30 mph and floor it and it would just fry the tires off. Gas mileage wasn't the greatest, but who cares? it was cool as hell.
pig rig   +1y
I'll give ya two cents scents all the smart asses haven't
the cheepest and biggest bang for the buck would be a cam intake carb and a good ignition. also headers if you don't have some? EDELBROCK makes kits thats dyno proven. engines are air pumps the more air you shove in, the more air comes out =horsepower

get your hands on JEG'S SUMMIT or my fav. SPEEDWAY catalogs I hope this helps
low95xlt   +1y
yea that might i was plannin a air intake try to do headers if they will not drag and a new cam, jsut hope this doesn't wack out the computer
pig rig   +1y
computers are a big pain in the ass thats why my s-10 blazer is going to find a new owner
Page 1 of 1