Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  trans swap

trans swap

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1711
replies 9
following 4

low95xlt   +1y
how hard would it be to go from a 5 speed manual to auto ina 99 or 00 f250? what all would i need to swap a buddy is looking at one but wants the autp it is aa v-10
dragnasty   +1y
screw that...I wanna 5 spd!!!!!!!
You would prolly have to get a ECM and wiring harness for one with an auto in it.
low95xlt   +1y
so ecm and wiring and throw it up there and be done? doesn't seem to bad, well wouldn't i need a new column and crap?
dragnasty   +1y
yeah, a new sterring column and shift linkage, maybe a new drive shaft, maybe the steering column wiring will match both columns.....who knows?
dragnasty   +1y
Id ask a ford tech.....
low95xlt   +1y
seems like more of a headache then anything
sooperspeed   +1y
it shouldn't be that hard. I would think you could get the parts form a salvage yard. harness and ecm are a must though. Is he looking a for built tranny like a BTS or just anything that will run?
1fastlx   +1y
real trucks have 3 peddels!!! no really, it wont be that hard if you find a complete truck near you in a salvage yard. I have only done auto to 5spd swaps but it cant be that bad
low95xlt   +1y
just a stock trans
sooperspeed   +1y
yeah you should be fine, although I do agree, REAL trucks have to have 3 pedals. I just with ford would have used a true 6 speed in my truck instead of the 5+L. I can only imagine how awesome my milage would be if I had that extra gear.

Oh well take lots of pics if you guys do the swap. I think it will break down a lot of walls for people that would like to do it, but get the same scary story from their friends.
Page 1 of 1