threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Moog, dorman, etc. How do all these manufactures stack up to each other for front suspension parts?

Moog, dorman, etc. How do all these manufactures stack up to each other for front suspension parts?

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 665
replies 10
following 1

Sam   +1y
It has come to the point in my build that I need to replace my UCA, LCA, tie rod ends etc. I've found them made by moog, dorman, mevotech, etc. Anyone have any experience with any of these companies parts? I was leaning towards moog or dorman. I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on this and my choices. Thanks
Sam   +1y
C'mon guys..... Any advice would be helpful. My gut is telling me buy the moog but by my calculations it is going to cost me about $700 for everything. Pretty darn expensive if you ask me.
sincitylocal   +1y
I bought my kit on ebay. Had to put loctite on the nut that kept coming loose on the idler arm, but kit was cheap and still okay after 5 years.
Sam   +1y
Interesting. How are all the rubber boots and ball joints holding up? Any torn boots or squeaky ball joints? You don't by chance remember the brand?
sincitylocal   +1y
It was a no-name brand. Nothing squeaks, but some of the boots are beginning to show signs of wear. I live in Las Vegas, so everything dries out fast here. All the ball joints I got are serviceable via grease fittings, so it's really dummy proof when it comes to squeaks. I do remember having to send back the pitman arm for the correct one. My truck is a 1990 model, and the factory had a mid-year change to a larger shaft steering box and pitman arm. Mine happened to built after that change was made.
Post was last edited on Apr 26, 2018 04:04. This post has been edited 1 times.
Sam   +1y
Thanks for the input. I'll check ebay and see what I find. I too have a 1990 xtra cab that I'm currently restoring. I live in el paso tx so my weather is very similar to yours. Thanks again.
Sam   +1y
Quick question. How good are my chances that my actual controls arms both lower and upper are still in good shape? What do I look for? My truck is in overall good shape. I was going to keep the arms and replace everything else, ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. I've settled on using moog parts.
sincitylocal   +1y
Unless you got into a wreck, or hit a curb and bent the arms, they're fine. Just replace the other pieces you mentioned.
Cusser   +1y
I have some Autozone Durolast ball joints on the right side of my B2200, and believe I have at least one of their tie rod ends too, been fine, grease fittings too.
You can add 6mm grease fittings (some will need 90 degree ones) to the upper control arms after removing the 4 fittings, and then can grease those bushings too.
Sam   +1y
Well.... I bit the bullet and ordered everything moog from jegs. It was alittle costly but everything has a lifetime warranty. I'm going to re-use my upper and lower control arms. I checked them out and they appear fine.
Page 1 of 1