threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Which leaf to remove from the leaf spring pack?

Which leaf to remove from the leaf spring pack?

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 643
replies 6
following 1

Sam   +1y
I want to remove one leaf from the rear leaf spring pack but I don't know which one to remove. I'm planning on keeping the main, overload and one more. Out of the two middle leafs which one do I remove. One is short and the other is longer. I know the drop amount will be determined by which one I remove. Thanks for any advice
Sam   +1y
C'mon guys no advice or help on this one????
sincitylocal   +1y
I'd pull the one right below the main. Nothing is attached to it. The next one has a bracket for the parking brake cable, so I'd try to avoid that.
Sam   +1y
Thanks. That's what I'll do when I have the bed off to paint the frame. I'm also going to add 3 inch steel lowering blocks while I'm there.
Sam   +1y
Well I decided against removing any leafs. I just purchased belltech 3 inch lowered leaf springs. I saw the streetedge leaf springs but don't like the way they push the rear shackle all the way back. I called belltech and the gentleman told me the measurement for their springs is 53 inches from center of eyelet to center of eyelet. I measured my stock ones installed on my truck now are 51 1/2 to 52 inches eyelet to eyelet. So I'm hoping the belltechs won't push the rear shackles back much. Plus I don't lose any load carrying capacity. I'm also going to run some 2 inch lowering blocks for a total of 5 inch drop in the rear. Ordered them from summit racing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they work out good.
Post was last edited on Feb 27, 2018 10:02. This post has been edited 1 times.
Sam   +1y
Well I bought and recieved the belltech leaf springs. These and the street edge lowered leaf springs are basically the same product. I looked closely of pics of the street edge ones and compared them to the ones I had. They are the same thing. So that means the belltech leaf springs will push the rear shackle just the same as the street edge ones. I decided to return them and I ordered brand new oem leaf springs that I will remove 1 or 2 leafs out of. I can't understand why they can't just shorten the lowered by about 2-3 inches and that would solve everything. Oh well.
Page 1 of 1