Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Basic performance boost ideas

Basic performance boost ideas

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 449
replies 3
following 2

Gingie_boy   +1y
So let me get a few things out of the way first 1 I'm 14 so my questions will leave most you guys face palming (sorry) 2 again im young so I'm low on cash 3 those who suggest "father son project ideas" my dad isn't in the position to do that. (Basically I will be building my truck by my self) 5 I have a 89 b2200 5 speed manual.

Now on to the main questions. Should I a sell it as is (non running but in great condition) b fix it and sell it for something else or c fix it and build it 2. If I was to build it what is the best "bang for your buck" hp or torque upgrade I can do fairly easy. 3. If there is any place that you recommend to learn tell me please.

Thank you and I know it's a lot but I'm a little clueless. I really really really appreciate it.

- James
sincitylocal   +1y
To sum it up... you're 14 years old, going it alone, and have little money.

I would suggest getting it to an operable condition before deciding to do any performance upgrades. Besides... if this is going to be your first ride, it has plenty of power.
ninjarider   +1y
Gingie- I first commend you for being willing to begin such a project at your age. I have a son your age and he has yet to take the initiative to start something of this nature. That being said I am in agreement with SCL and others with getting it to operable condition first. I think Cusser stated some ideas in the other thread you had revived about the possible issues with the fuel tank and lines. I would start there.
I have a desktop program I got a long time ago and just recently got it out to play around with some different scenarios on potential power gains for these engines. I took all the information I've been able to obtain from this site and Mazdatrucking.com plugged it into my program and it was almost spot on with the factory rated power. I then began tweaking things to see how they affected the performance. Based on the information from the program (AKA app), it appears the best performance mods for this engine Naturally Aspirated will be full length header, 500 cfm two barrel carb, and a slight port/polish job on the head to wake it up in it's stock power band. However, as you stated in the other thread you live in a state with strict emission laws so I don't think these mods will help you.
If you think you need more power then as much as I hate to say it. You'll be better off getting another vehicle with more potential. If you didn't live where the emission laws were strict then you would be able with enough money to swap the engine out for one with more power potential.
Page 1 of 1