threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  4" lowering blocks, axle wrap and bracing axle?

4" lowering blocks, axle wrap and bracing axle?

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1152
replies 5
following 3

Sam   +1y
I'm going to use 4" lowering blocks and starting thinking about a cure for axle wrap. Would it be possible to use parts from a 4 link kit to weld from the axle to a point on the frame to help cure axle wrap. I don't know if that's even possible. I'm just throwing this out there for answers. The reason I'm using 4" blocks is because I use my truck to haul things and don't want to mono leaf it because of that and didn't really want to use air shocks for the rear when using mono leaf. I just want to keep it really simple. Thanks for the input
El Jefe   +1y
I would recomend the Belltech lowering leaf springs as they bolt on like the factory units, no blocks required, but you should also get a set of shocks designed for the lowered springs as they are valved differently to give a decent ride. I think the leaf spring part number is 5972 from BellTech.
ninjarider   +1y
Sam you should be able to lower it the amount you want without having to "mono leaf" it. I plan on lowering mine 3 inches and leaving all my springs for hauling/towing purposes. I think the main thing to be concerned about is having a good pinion angle. I also think the only reason for mono leafing is to gain an extra 1/2 inch or so on the lowering so the back sits level.
Sam   +1y
I did look at both Bell tech and street edge lowered leaf springs. All the basically are are dearched oem. I called Bell tech to confirm that and they did. They put the rear shackle at a severe angle.
Page 1 of 1