Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  fuel injected 2.2 vs kia Fe3

fuel injected 2.2 vs kia Fe3

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 864
replies 3
following 1

CB   +1y
So been throwing around the idea of the fe3 swap in my B2200 most go to the FE3 out of a kia for the fuel injection but mine is already fuel injected its going to probably need rebuilt if i keep the 2.2 so is it worth the swap i want some power gain if i can! Any advice would be helpful its hard to find info on these trucks if they are not carbed!!
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
The 2.2 FI is 200cc more than the FE3. You might gain a little bit if the FE3 has a DOHC setup. I think you will be way ahead of the game if you keep your truck stock and rebuild it. Most of the people who go to the FE3 swap are running anemic carburetor setups and they want to move up. I think you will be going in the other direction since you already have FI. My opinion
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
The only thing that I can tell you in the idea of rebuilding your motor. You can use 2.0 liter pistons as a higher compression option regarding your rebuild. They are 86 mm the same as a 2.2 but the top of the piston is flatter so the compression in higher..you might have to run with a low temperature thermostat to overcome piston heat.
Page 1 of 1