Page 2 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  2600i auto trans problems

2600i auto trans problems

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1516
replies 16
following 1

supratreo   +1y
thanks for the reply. taking it to the yard wont be a option as i need to drive the truck there to pick the trans up haha.
also, i don't know if the trans has been rebuilt but i took a look at 2 or 3 other trans at the yard and they all had the same tage/markings.
is there anywhere else where i could find they typical mazda or Jatco model number? they model numbers ive seen all describe the type of trans and number of gears...

ive really thought about going manual but my dad drives it more than i do and he doesn't want to drive a manual. otherwise this thing would have been manual YEARS ago.
supratreo   +1y
Ok guys, so I think I found a trans that will work but need help on a couple things. While under there it looked like the trans won't be very easy to get it because the cross member is not removable like on most cars/trucks, does it need to be pulled out with the motor or is there another way?
Cusser   +1y
Ask at MazdaTrucking.com, more B2600i information there.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
I don't there is any size difference between a manual and an automatic. I slid my transmission back, then down in the front, and then the thing came out through the hole. Be careful about the torque converter;from that angle it might slide off and hit you in the head.
supratreo   +1y
I believe auto is a little bigger but might work the same way. I'm sure it's a lot heavier too...FML.

I'll check that site out as well.
Thanks
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
It occurred to me add this comment. There is the chance that the bell housing is bolted to the main case of the transmission. If that is the case, when you slide it back, you would see some bolts that when removed would allow you to pull the bell housing off the front of the transmission, which might give more working room. Looking at your replacement unit might give you some clues.