Page 1 of 1
Mazda Interior \  New B2200 Owner

New B2200 Owner

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 676
replies 9
following 2

Jacoby   +1y
Hello all. Just recently bought a 90 B2200 extended cab se5 5 speed truck with the fuel injected engine. I like it. Just wanted to introduce myself here on this forum.

Have plans to fix it up a bit its my daily driver truck. I will post some pictures a soon as i figure out how.
It needs a paintjob and some things fixed but overall a clean solid rust free truck.

I have a few questions. The previous owner did some jerry rigging.. The ignition switch was bypassed..hotwired.. because the tumblers went out on him. I just ordered a new one and will begin that process. If anyone has any pointers for that task id be appreciative. He did the same thing also with the a/c switch. turn the fan on and touch the two wires together and the compressor cuts on and blows cold. But once again jerry rigged. Got one of those ordered. And the wiper motor is bad, have tested for continuity to the motor and its hot, so i assume thats what it is. I also have one of those ordered. So have a good weekends worth of work ahead of me so far.

I also have some 17x7.5 fj cruiser alloys im thinking about ordering.. my question is this. Im not really into the whole lowering thing. But i do like a nice reasonably sized wheel thats not too showy. But considering i want to keep this truck at factory ride height what size tires should i order to fullfill the wheel well while still maintaining suspension travel and not scape the wells.

If anything id like to find out if there are any aftermarket options in shocks, springs or whatever to improve ride quality while maintaining a factory or close to it ride height. i like a plush suspension. But its not there and would assume it wont ever be. anyway i was thinking like a 215 60r17 maybe? what are yalls opinions..
the only other near future plans other than maintenance and little fixers would be an exhaust upgrade and paint. though it does have a whole brand new exhaust assembly, manifold back.. so i might hold off on that. But anyways..

Anybody have any experience with installing a double din sub-dash? Looks like i could get one to fit, but might not be to efficient being so low.. If anybody has any recommendations for me im happy to accept them. I appreciate yalls time and am about to figure out how to post these few pictures. Thanks
Post was last edited on Dec 17, 2016 12:12. This post has been edited 2 times.
The Lizard King   +1y
Pics, or it never happened.

And...

Paragraphs.
Jacoby   +1y
heres the pics and the silver truck is not mine. just a reference for wheels and tires. The same rims and those are 215 55r17. Fixed the "other issue" too lol thanks again. And happy to have a forum specifically for these ole' trucks.. love em
post photo
post photo
post photo
Post was last edited on Dec 17, 2016 12:12. This post has been edited 1 times.
Jacoby   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
post photo
Jacoby   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
post photo
Jacoby   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
post photo
Jacoby   +1y
more photos
post photo
cherokeed   +1y
Ive never ran across the fuel injected 2.2 before and how they hold up against the 2.6 Mitsubishi engine in reliability....that's a very nice truck you have
Jacoby   +1y
thanks i appreciate the comment.. Should be real nice in a couple months.. I will keep posted and include lots of pictures..
Page 1 of 1