Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Rear spring bushings

Rear spring bushings

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 741
replies 6
following 2

ninjarider   +1y
Anyone know if the leafspring bushings are the same regardless of postion (ie. front eye/back eye and shackle-to-frame). What I've found in my searches hasn't been helpful. My truck has 400k+ on the suspension. I just got new front ball joints, tie rod ends, pitman arm, and idler arm. Need to get back suspension squared away also. Part stores show Moog #9048 I think but I can't determine how many bushings are in it so i can get the correct number to do the complete job.
Cusser   +1y
Ninjarider - hmmm, might help if I knew what year and model your truck was.
Cusser   +1y
OK, that comment wasn't overly nice, but is 100% true. Think we're mind readers ???

That stated, if yours is a 1986-1993 B-truck (or the non North American later models), the answer is yes, they are different bushings.
Some are only available from the dealer.

Front of leaf spring Moog K9948 (O’Reilly, Rock) or Mazda 387428330
Rear of leaf spring Mazda UB4028333
Upper rear shackle Mazda UB3928333

4WD may be different.
ninjarider   +1y
Sorry about that Cusser I made an assumption and we all know what that means. It's an 86 ext cab model and I did mean K9948 instead of 9048. Do you happen to know if that kit has enough in it for more than one eyelet (ie. will I need more than one kit per side).
ninjarider   +1y
ok just read through your whole response. Is there an aftermarket kit in poly? Has anyone on here ever made poly bushings for their B?
ulrich   +1y
I have some poly, leafspring bushings in my 1991 B. I bought them on feeBay. Direct from Thailand IIRC. I'm told they're no longer available.
Page 1 of 1