Page 1 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  B1800 grille in a B2200

B1800 grille in a B2200

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1254
replies 11
following 2

dj16ryan   +1y
Has anyone tried to put a b1800 grille in a b2200? I think this would like awesome. But before i go spend $90 on a grille i wanted to know if anyone has tried this or not. And if they have, any success with this...

Thank you
Dogfather   +1y
The only problem I can see is the B1800's had 4 round headlights (like my 81 B2000 in pic) and the B2200's have 2 rectangular. You'd have to do some fabrication behind the grille and rewiring. It could be done, but might take some time. I'd like to see it if you do it.
Post was last edited on Apr 12, 2016 02:04. This post has been edited 1 times.
dj16ryan   +1y
Yea, the headlights was a definite, but i was wondering about overall fit. Wiring them and modifying everythin to mount them wouldnt be bad at all.
Dogfather   +1y
I'll get you the best measurement from my 81 B2000. It's as close as you can get to the 1800. If it's close, it might be worth a shot. I'll be as precise as possible. Do you have any pics of the front?
Dogfather   +1y
If you could get a mod to convert back to round lenses, mod your existing grille. That would look badass.
dj16ryan   +1y
i dont. i really want to get a chrome grille. but the problem is for the b2200 you just cant get them. so i kinda thought about trying to mix a little old school in with the b2200. lol. i can make a wiring harness for the lights. thats the easy part. and making mounts should be fairly easy as well.
The Lizard King   +1y
Buy one primed from Rock Auto and paint it chrome yourself.
dj16ryan   +1y
the standard chrome paint turns out silver. just not a good quality.
The Lizard King   +1y
It's better than Frankengrille, which is what you're actually thinking of doing.
dj16ryan   +1y
Trying to find someone nearby that can chrome plastic. i know it can be done, cause the only difference between chrome plating metal and chroming plastic, is the plastic has a few extra steps in it.