Page 2 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  Running hot

Running hot

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1632
replies 19
following 5

Cusser   +1y
"To get the air out you just take the cap off and start it and let it run until you see coolant moving across the radiator. Then top it off and put the cap on. Check it again in a few days and add if necessary."

When do the cooling system air bleed, I jack up front of the truck, take the cap off, turn on the heater, start up and run the truck, adding coolant as necessary. Bleeding the air out is important..
vsawmike   +1y
No need to turn on the heater or jack it up. The radiator cap is the highest point of the system. All that is needed is to start it and let it run with the cap off until the thermostat opens. Then check it a few days later and top off if necessary. Now the coolant level will drop an inch or so below the cap and stay there no matter how many times you add it. The system is a closed system so it is designed to push coolant out during the day as it warms up and suck it back in at night when it cools down. A few cycles of this will get out any air pockets in the system.
squidlips   +1y
No coolant loss. stays in the middle of the gauge
on Highway, mostly city is where it starts to get warm. Could the fact that the fan shroud is missing do it?
Post was last edited on Apr 07, 2016 06:04. This post has been edited 2 times.
vsawmike   +1y
Probably the first thing you should put on it. On the highway it should have plenty of air coming in.
Cusser   +1y
"Could the fact that the fan shroud is missing do it?"

Yeah - that's why I mentioned the fan shroud earlier in this thread !!!

Yogi Berra said: "always fix FIRST what you KNOW is bad". In this case, add the fan shroud. Yogi wasn't the greatest mechanic, but he was correct on this one !!!
vsawmike   +1y
Cusser they need a like button on here. lol
Post was last edited on Apr 07, 2016 07:04. This post has been edited 1 times.
sincitylocal   +1y
If you need a shroud, I have one. I'll let you have it for the cost of shipping.
I would also replace the fan clutch, as it will probably prove to be bad when you install a shroud anyway.
Cusser   +1y
vsawmike: "Cusser they need a like button on here. lol "

Mike - they need a lot of things on this site !!!
applianceguy   +1y
Who knows where to get a 2 row aluminum radiator for these trucks? I waited toooo long and now they are all gone. I am OK for now, but because I wanna turbo my puppies? I am going to need to stay really cooooollll!
Post was last edited on Apr 13, 2016 12:04. This post has been edited 1 times.