threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  How low can u go before cutting frame?

How low can u go before cutting frame?

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 708
replies 2
following 2

adamlesnansky   +1y
I have already put in 3" blocks and re indexed my torsion bars, but I'm getting 2" spindles and flipping my ball joints in the spring. I want to de-arch my springs and see where that gets me, but I'm wondering how far I can drop the rear before having to notch the frame. Does anyone know?
low_life77   +1y
Welcome to the site man. To answer your question it's typically 7 or so inches of drop. That's about what you get after removing the 2 inner leafs and adding 3 inch blocks. That will leave you with about an 1 to 1 1/2 inches of travel in the rear before the rear end hits the frame. If you keep all leafs intact and have the pack De-arched with 3 inch blocks, that should be around 7 inches of drop. But I would recommend adding a c notch to gain another inch or so of travel and not have any problems down the road, like visting the dentist when you hit your first pot hole and the rear end hammers the axel and you bust out some teeth lol. My B22 has LCA's up front with re-indexed torsions and shorter shocks and in the rear I have the Belltech spring packs (which are basically de arched leafs with maybe one removed) and 3 inch blocks, with a c notch (that was a 5 inch steel piece of pipe then cut in half and welded each half to each side of the frame), leaving me with about 2 1/2 inches of travel. I also have VW air shocks on the rear so I can gain a little more travel if needed.
adamlesnansky   +1y
Cool, thanks! I don't wanna cut my bed since it's intact, so I can deal with just c notches...
Page 1 of 1