Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Little to no heat+leaking on pass side floor

Little to no heat+leaking on pass side floor

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1025
replies 5
following 2

missed.a.leter   +1y
Ive flushed my heater core and the flow was good i still have no hot heat and the trucks runs at a good temp(good thermostat). Also leaks on the passenger side floor when it rains hard. I can hear water getting hit by the fan blades! Someone told me the cowl vent has a drain and they get clogged with the northwest pine needles but i looked and couldnt find a drain. Does anyone have this problem? Any help/ideas?
befarrer   +1y
There is a drain for the cowl, it drains out the sides into the area between the cab and front fender, and eventually drains between the front fender, just infront of the door. 100% chance this is full of dirt & garbage, which is why they like to rust there. If the drain from the cowl to the inner fender area is plugged, then it will back up into the fan motor, there is only a small lip stopping the water.

As for your heat, what temperature is it around there? Also, have you checked your diverter valve under the dash? These trucks have a valve that shuts off coolant flow to the heater core when not in hot temperature, the valve is on the drivers side, under the dash, near the throttle pedal.

Might just be time for a new core, could be plugged with debris, not allowing airflow, or scale on the inside not allowing heat transfer. I know my heater core cannot keep up once the temperatures dip below -15ºf, it starts blowing cooler air, not sure why. Did that with the previous 2 stock engines, plus the same with my rotary engine. I have had the entire heater box rebuild and cleaned out, but I did not replace my core, just soaked it in vinegar internally for a couple days.
Cusser   +1y
My heater puts out lots hotter air with the 192/195F thermostat than with 180F. These trucks give off pretty good heat, best of any vehicle I've ever had.

Make sure the the control cables all open and close flaps/doors like they should. Have a helper move the controls through their travels while you stick your head under dash (from both sides) and look up and towards the center, you should be able to see those operate.
missed.a.leter   +1y
Thank you guys for the input. So how do i clean those drains you really cant get to either side of the cowl vent through the little holes. Can you access the vent by taking your inner fender out?
befarrer   +1y
You can get to it easily by taking the inner fender out, it is way up near the top. Also note the garbage at the bottom of the fender, it all seems to build up there.

If you look on this picture I took of my truck with the fender removed, you can see the 2 square holes, they line up directly with the black pinstribe that I have above the door handle, one is right next to the door, the other is further forward.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/befarrer/B2200/B2200%20Rotary%20Swap/20140330_091035.jpg
Post was last edited on Dec 21, 2015 01:12. This post has been edited 1 times.
missed.a.leter   +1y
Sweet thanks. People on this forum are so helpful to us that have not torn down these trucks before.
Page 1 of 1