threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  problem with lowering blocks.

problem with lowering blocks.

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 940
replies 5
following 3

dirtlord420   +1y
so i installed 3in blocks that have a 3 deg pitch or angle which ever it is. now it seems my differential leans down just a little it doesnt line up even with the drive shaft. it doesnt bind or anything. also the now the drive shaft seems to long had a real hard time installing it had to loosen the rear end to get it to install. its all the way forward in the out put shaft of transmission. its an 89 b2200 automatic. with a one piece drive shaft.

ok my question is, would i be better off with regular blocks? and is it normal to have this problem with the drive shaft?
baha   +1y
I know Mazda trucks don't have a lot of horsepower but some angle is by design to account for it rotating under load. For the drive shaft, as long as it isn't binding it should be ok. Do you have any vibration and how many inches are these blocks?
Post was last edited on Dec 10, 2015 12:12. This post has been edited 1 times.
dirtlord420   +1y
3in blocks haven't tested it yet. kind of worried about it. its real hard finding an automatic drive shaft
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Just lowering blocks? If so, you should be perfectly fine. I have only run into problems with (1 pc) driveshaft length when dropping the back way down with blocks, mono leafs and shackle relocation. I'm guessing you couldn't get the driveshaft back over the big pinion nut on the front of the diff?
dirtlord420   +1y
Yeah couldnt get it over the big bolt. Its just blocks
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Sounds good to me then.
Page 1 of 1