threads
Page 2 of 3
Mazda 2.2L \  No compression after ring job.

No compression after ring job.

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3240
replies 21
following 3

cherokeed   +1y
I have it turning over it was the timing. Had one fuel line running of a gas can lol first start up after rebuild after 7yrs under tarp. Next step is headers and whole new exaust system will do rear seal job and clutch
cherokeed   +1y
I have it turning over it was the timing. Had one fuel line running of a gas can lol first start up after rebuild after 7yrs under tarp. Next step is headers and whole new exaust system will do rear seal job and clutch
cherokeed   +1y
Question....I want to replace the rear main seal....Do I have to drop the oil pan. To do so??
And wouldn't the crossmember gets in way.im better off pulling engine if I have to do that...the bad this is . I don't have concrete in my yard..only reason.
An
sincitylocal   +1y
No, but you have to pull everything off the back of the engine.
cherokeed   +1y
Ok thanks. Will save me a Ton of work I had forgot to put in the seal while I had added new bearings and Pistons.
Cusser   +1y
Can't you just replace the rear main seal when transmission is out to do the clutch too?
cherokeed   +1y
Yep I sure are.. Seen a brand new clutch kit on Craigslist for 100 bucks https://batonrouge.craigslist.org/pts/5571671376.htmlI'm gone knock all that
cherokeed   +1y
Well I've did rear seal without the oil pan removed Ibut the rear of oil pan leaks so I'll do the job. Doe anyone make as a paper oil pan gasket instead of cork
post photo
sincitylocal   +1y
Don't use a gasket. Use Ultra Grey gasket maker. The Mazda factory installed the pans this way.
Everyone that uses a gasket has leaks. Throw the oil pan gasket in the trash!
cherokeed   +1y
Oh ok I just look it up. It's by permetex So I don't need to buy the oil pan basked . I just put that on pan and between engine block..