threads
Page 1 of 3
Mazda 2.2L \  No compression after ring job.

No compression after ring job.

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3236
replies 21
following 3

cherokeed   +1y
I am getting no compression on all 4 cylinders after engine rebuild it won't even turn over with starter fluid. But small backfire!!!
☠ ☠

卍 卐
Post was last edited on Dec 07, 2015 02:12. This post has been edited 1 times.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
Check your tining belt timing.
cherokeed   +1y
Ok I will I had an assuming it was .
post photo
post photo
post photo
cherokeed   +1y
more photos
post photo
Cusser   +1y
Agree: check timing belt. Even if one forgot to install any rings at all, should get some compression just from the pistons if the valves were closing at the right moment.

see http://www.mazdatrucking.com/B2200//B2200_Timing_Belt.html

http://www.mazdatrucking.com/B2200/B22TimeCheck.html

How did you establish no compression? Compression tester, or finger in spark plug hole?
Post was last edited on Dec 07, 2015 07:12. This post has been edited 1 times.
cherokeed   +1y
Yeah I have tried both. No luck only a little.
cherokeed   +1y
Yeah I have tried both. No luck only a little. My fingers over hole wile turning engine by wrench.i may invest in a timing light.
geterdun   +1y
Are the valves adjust correctly? If they are too tight, valves will not seat, ergo no compression. Timing light not necessary for this. Crankshaft lined up on mark, camshaft lined up on mark, timed. Next set the distributor timing.
cherokeed   +1y
Ok everyone since I had trouble with engine I managed to find a 90 b2000 long bed LX at a pick and pull in port Allen Louisiana...... I snagged the head of it and anything hard to find parts. As I loosened the headbolts I could hear air escaping.. Today I cleaned the head real good, with a tooth brush & oven cleaner and I'm gone to resurface it and valve seals.glad to have mechanical lifters tell me what all needed. I'd just gone swap the whole head instead.
cherokeed   +1y
卍 卐