Page 2 of 4
Ryans SheetMetal Designs \  Chris "Krisko" Knotts 720 SEMA Build

Chris "Krisko" Knotts 720 SEMA Build

Ryans SheetMetal Designs
views 4005
replies 35
following 19

Petey   +1y
Bad ass once again man. Can't wait to see it all finished up!
maztang (ryan)   +1y
Thanks Petey, I can't wait until everyone sees all of the interior together. That last pic is such a small part of what the whole thing really is. It has been exciting as hell this whole build.
Adgate2   +1y
holly shit thats fuckin sick!!!!!!
i am spaniard   +1y
that is some kick ass work
maztang (ryan)   +1y
Thanks guys. I am telling you, I can't wait for everyone to see the interior come together! I am building his seats, door panels, dash, center console, and headliner. It is coming along very nicely, just wish I didn't have a deadline lol!
maztang (ryan)   +1y
We kind of let this one out of the bag. All 1 piece aluminum sides, back, and bottom mounts with copper inserts stepped out on the sides to be flush with the aluminum. Copper rivets and diamond bead rolled design on the back. I used a nylatron bead roll die to prevent marring on the copper. The seats will have a cushion seat bottoms and backs covered in real leather and they will mount to the factory slides so that they slide back and forth. The back of the seats were raked 30 degrees back.
post photo
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Edited: 8/16/2012 12:57:32 PM by Chopped Mazda

Hands down, slickest interior ive seen in a mini.

I am not a personal fan of the bomber style seats or metal door panels usually, just not my style, but these ones here, you knocked it out of the damn park! Phenomenal work!!! the attention to detail and craftsmanship is top notch!

Taylor
maztang (ryan)   +1y
Awesome Taylor, I really appreciate the kind words. Thanks man.
Inked84   +1y
how are going to keep the copper from oxidizing?
maztang (ryan)   +1y
He was originally going to let it oxidize in the bead rolled area and polish the rest. I think he has changed his mind on it and I think we are going to keep the whole thing polished. Once he polishes it I will go over the whole thing with Sharkhyde. It acts as a clear coat for bare metal.

Here is a look at the defrost up close and almost finished...
post photo