project nightmare build-up

Minitruckin' Magazine
views 7850
replies 88
following 44

dooredhoe   +1y

fuel mounted

engine crossmember metal finished smooth:

after spending 2 days working on this one part i have decide to paint the frame vs. powder coating it. i think in the end it will look better and hopefully save me some money and time.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
standardbyker88   +1y
maybe i missed something here. shouldnt the fuel cell now hit the ground since its going below frame level and the frame is on the ground front to back? and i do want to add i think you should try to get the metal a little cleaner before you weld it. they might look good, but it makes them stronger. thats seeing the gussets and bag cups.
slammed89s10   +1y
still lookin badass dude.....framework is so sick!!!
bdydrp18   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by dooredhoe  

fuel mounted engine crossmember metal finished smooth: after spending 2 days working on this one part i have decide to paint the frame vs. powder coating it. i think in the end it will look better and hopefully save me some money and time. ---------------------------------------------   thanks for the fix 
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bdydrp18   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by standardbyker88 maybe i missed something here. shouldnt the fuel cell now hit the ground since its going below frame level and the frame is on the ground front to back? and i do want to add i think you should try to get the metal a little cleaner before you weld it. they might look good, but it makes them stronger. thats seeing the gussets and bag cups. --------------------------------------------- no the fuel cell come no where close to hitting the ground.  remember there still has to be a bed on the truck which means the bed will hit way before the fuel cell does     hmm ok??   just so you know the metal was clean when it was all welded together, but after sitting all summer it has start to rust a little.  notice how the welds are a little rusty to
bdydrp18   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by tre5 you have to click the "HTML" button at the bottom of the screen. ---------------------------------------------   ok thanks next time i will make sure to do that
standardbyker88   +1y
true. just looked like it was a little stronger on the bare metal. not trying to be a dbag. just making sure. work looks good. how much does the back of the frame step up above the level under the cab? or is it made to be above body level? hard to tell in the pictures.
laydsuzu   +1y
that sucker is almost doored very nice work my friend, very nice cant wait to see more

bdydrp18   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by laydhombre that sucker is almost doored very nice work my friend, very nice cant wait to see more --------------------------------------------- actually it is 2" passed the door.  it ends up being a total of and 8" bodydrop
post photo
bdydrp18   +1y
Edited: 1/9/2009 6:31:56 AM by bdydrp18

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by standardbyker88true. just looked like it was a little stronger on the bare metal. not trying to be a dbag. just making sure. work looks good. how much does the back of the frame step up above the level under the cab? or is it made to be above body level? hard to tell in the pictures.--------------------------------------------- if i'm read this right you wanted to know how much higher the back of the frame was from the main rails?? if so the answer is 4" taller 
post photo
post photo