threads
Back To Page - Minitruckin' Magazine
Page 4 of 5
Minitruckin' Magazine \  How about how to act at shows, so they can stay around !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about how to act at shows, so they can stay around !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minitruckin' Magazine
views 3683
replies 41
following 40

Stck2UrGuns   +1y
Edited: 9/17/2008 4:19:55 PM by Stck2UrGuns

Originally posted by Eddynr

Thanks Max, Brandt . it'sa a matter of controling your self.

"close your eyes and mind your business""it's up to the show"

you guys just don't get it, there is so much more to a show then everyone thinks. we don't have time to baby sit everyone.

self control is the key

common sense is NOT so common, yeah where are those shirts? i'm printing them my self, Brandt don't steal my idea

Yes, self control is everything and please excuse my ignorance before. Your right man and thats exactly why I said look the other way and don't let some drunk dudes ruin your time there. I think if your friends being a douche then obviously take him aside and be like look man, you need to calm the fuck down but I don't think theres much more than that you can do.

Originally posted by gorillagarage

max and eddie both of you are reasons why i keep minitrucking. but like max said these last 10 years the sad part is that the guys that are ruining all the fun havent been around that long. its more then just acting right at shows its the hotel rooms the aftermath thats left. a lot of the shows dont exist not because of the promoters but the city or town dont want us there.

as far as taking my kid to a show i can take him to a lowrider show i can take him to a goodguys event or a vw show why should i not take him to a truck show.

i think one of the big problems is there is a generation gap you have the minitruckers who built minis back in the day that now have kids and are still building trucks and you have these young kids out of high school that want to "drag and destroy"

I wouldn't take my child to watch some girl degrade herself for a $250 prize lol. I very much so agree with the generation gap.

Originally posted by 55chevy03

To the comments about taking kids to R-rated movies and that its an adult oreinted place. They must not have children, I am sorry that I like to take my kids to car shows so that they can be involved. How do you think kids get an interest in trucks, cars or whatever. Its not from leaving them at home while you are out showing.

I'd love to take my son to a car show, when I have a son, but I know what to expect from them and know that it isn't appropriate for him until he's a certain age. Theres tons of family oriented events from what I've seen on flyers here.
OutkastWagon51   +1y
Well I dont know if it was the gas prices or what but Indy Truck Bash this year was exactly how a show should be. It just seemed the people that usually show up in stock rides just to party werent there.It was laid back and the quality of rides was way over the top. The hotels were full of drunks but not jackasses as Max said. I know that sounds unbelievable but it's the truth. People were drinking but instead of yellin to see tits and shit it was stopping you and asking you what you drove and getting to know people? I had one of the best times and I have been goin to the show since 2000. I met alot of new people and I hope next year more of the shows turn out this way.
Eddynr   +1y
my "babysitting" comment was for one of the first posrts that said it's up to the show to take care of any drunk people out of control, that's stupid..

kids, hell yeah, i'd rather have a beer free events kids can come to ANY DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

bagged69c10   +1y
You should add that blowing your air horn inside a venue is not cool. Once one idiot does it then you gotta hear it until they run out of air. I agree with the rest of the rules. I dont have kids but I think during the day a show should be kid friendly and at night let the boobies flop.
onelowmini   +1y
Being a president of a club that hosts a good size show I think that the trucks and cars speak for your club not the attitude that I can out drink you or beat your club up or act a fool better than that guy...it is a car show..that is the bottom line. I drink when I go to shows and runs but I know how to have fun...having fun is what it is all about..having fun and showing off or checking out the trucks and cars...nothing else.
grip   +1y
I think Custom is in decline and the first ones to go are the ones that care the least.I would be willing to bet every show next year is cleaner and safer than last year.
SIKaltima   +1y
your my hero eddy! see ya soon
layedoutnissan   +1y
Originally posted by MazberryDelight

am i the only one thats noticing alcohol + cars = illegal. sure there parked but what about when the shows over.

Not to mention that is not permitted in most venues, but is overlooked.
DropEmWear   +1y
about the kids at shows...here is a direct quote in the 2008 catalog "lets make sure we show our little ones how great it is to build something on their own. Our kids are the future of this scene we have all grown to love. Teach them the true wmaning of respect and our family will continue to grow and flourish for many years to come. Remember, they learn from us. we have seen shows come ond go so lets not mess things up for our youth beacuse bottom line...KIDS RULE"
DropEmWear   +1y
about the kids at shows...here is a direct quote in the 2008 catalog "lets make sure we show our little ones how great it is to build something on their own. Our kids are the future of this scene we have all grown to love. Teach them the true wmaning of respect and our family will continue to grow and flourish for many years to come. Remember, they learn from us. we have seen shows come ond go so lets not mess things up for our youth beacuse bottom line...KIDS RULE"